Mitsubishi Motors Thailand Continues Forward Momentum with New Models and Motorsport Spirits at the 43rd Bangkok International Motor Show 2022
Bangkok, March 22, 2022: Mitsubishi Motors Thailand underlined its continued commitment to Thailand and customers with a comprehensive product line-up at the 43rd Bangkok International Motor Show 2022 to keep moving forward together with customers. New Mitsubishi XPANDER headed the highlights this year.
Mr. Eiichi Koito, President and CEO, Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand) Co. Ltd. said, “New Mitsubishi XPANDER is one of the crystals of Mitsubishi Motors-ness product which is differentiated from any others. It is as a Mitsubishi Motors’ one of strategic product, not only the exterior style, but its interior is also fully new design with the one class upper quality and new “Eco-Dynamic CVT (continuously variable transmission)” and other technologies make smooth and powerful acceleration road performance with better fuel consumption and high-level quietness.”
“In addition, we are also introducing Mitsubishi Triton RALLIART Double-Cab and Mitsubishi Mirage RALLIART as new additions to the RALLIART lineup. The RALLIART technologies and its champion’s DNA are refined and transferred into current road-going vehicles and RALLIART models. They have been proven through Mitsubishi Motors R&D with advanced automotive testing at various environmental simulations and conditions. To ensure that all Mitsubishi’s vehicles can operate in various weather and road conditions. It inspires and motivates customers to keep on expanding their life’s possibilities. We will continue with
our commitment by focusing on innovation, technology, and upgrading the automotive industry in the country. We are truly honored to deliver the passion of RALLIART through ‘The Spirit of Victory and Technology DNA’ to our younger customers in Thailand with high quality, good design and competitive prices,” Mr. Koito continued.
Mitsubishi XPANDER has created Thailand’s small MPV market since its launch in August 2018. The unexampled “Cross-over MPV” has been highly evaluated in the market, keeping outstanding segment market share with more than 44,000 units of cumulative sales across all variants. It was also named the ‘Thailand Car of the Year’ for four consecutive years under ‘The Best MPV under 1,600 cc.’ category. Mitsubishi XPANDER has been the best choice for modern families who enjoy active lifestyles and require versatility, spaciousness, reliability, safety, security, and comfort as well as the value as Cross-over. Both of stylish design and practical utilities has been accommodated at the high level in Mitsubishi XPANDER, which has expanded possibilities on people’s life in Thailand since its launch.
New Mitsubishi XPANDER has further expanded its attractiveness in all of aspects, sophisticated Interior with craftsmanship, more utilities and all-new drivability with advanced technologies in addition to advanced exterior with more SUV-feel.
More SUV-Feel New Exterior
- Advanced “Dynamic Shield” front face that expresses power and reassurance
- Horizontal bumper which gives an impression of a low center of gravity with a three-dimensional skid plate
- New design 17-inch alloy wheels featuring a robust and progressive two-tone design
- Proportions with a high-class feel with extended body length (total length +95mm extended)
- Top-level high ground clearance (220 mm) in the class by raising the vehicle height by 15 millimeters compared to the current model
New Interior with Craftsmanship
- New design horizontal instrument panel that provides a feeling of spaciousness
- New design steering wheel with sporty and powerful look, while the grip size and shape are restyled to secure easy and confident grip for the driver that had been tested with many Thai customers
- Quality upgraded interior space featuring dual-tones of brown-black with soft pads with synthetic leather and real stitching for the armrest and door trim
- 9” display audio with Apple CarPlay
- Air conditioning panel with a liquid crystal display
- Further enhanced convenient storage space for greater ease-of-use (redesigned center console with a large-capacity open tray, armrest that can store four 600 milliliter plastic bottles, etc.)
- Enhanced comfortability in the rear seats with Type-A and Type-C USB charging outlets on the back of the center console and cup holders on the armrest of the second-row seats
Smoother & More Comfortable Driving
- Newly adopted “New Eco-Dynamic CVT” for the transmission
- When the accelerator is deeply depressed, a powerful and sharp acceleration is delivered, with a gear shifting feel added to allow the driver to feel the acceleration.
- When the accelerator is lightly depressed, smooth shifting unique to CVT maximizes engine performance while realizing high fuel efficiency and quietness.
- Newly adopted Electric Parking Brake, enabling a reliable stopping simply by operating a switch
- Improved suspension (FR: improved rigidity of strut mounting part, RR: expanded cylinder size of shock absorber, while high-performance valves are newly adopted at both the front and rear to provide a smooth and comfortable ride)
- Further improvement on class-top level quietness with optimized insulator
New Mitsubishi XPANDER will surely expand possibilities on Thai people’s advanced life, matching perfectly with modern families who have multi-dimensional lifestyles that requires a vehicle that is spacious, utilitarian yet stylish and is easy to drive at anywhere, while maintaining a sporty presence that inspires adventurous spirit.
Other highlights from Mitsubishi Motors Thailand at the BIMS 2022 include Mitsubishi Triton RALLIART Double-Cab, basing on the low-riding variant and features side decals, mud flaps and bed liner with the RALLIART logo. Having further evolved from the Triton RALLIART introduced last year, the special edition is newly equipped with a front airdam, side airdams and rear airdam. For the interior, floor mats with the RALLIART logo and red-accent overlocks are specially equipped.
Two exterior colors are available for Mitsubishi Triton RALLIART Double-Cab, the two-tone exterior with a Solid White body and a Black roof, and Jet Black Mica. For both models, its front grille, alloy wheels, door mirrors, door handles and rear gate handle are painted black.
Another model being introduced to underline the strength and pedigree of the RALLIART’s DNA is Mitsubishi Mirage RALLIART, launched to refresh the recently reintroduced RALLIART brand. Mitsubishi Mirage RALLIART is equipped with side decals and mud flaps with the RALLIART logo, and features black over fenders with carbon grain, adding a touch of RALLIART’s tough driving to the Mirage’s sharp and dynamic styling. Inside, floor mats with the RALLIART logo and two-tone red and black seats are specially equipped. It is available in White Diamond and Red Metallic, and is made sporty with a black roof, front grille, alloy wheels, door mirrors and rear spoiler.
Available in two exterior colors with White Diamond and Red Metallic. Mitsubishi Mirage RALLIART is made sporty with a black roof, front grille, door mirrors and 15-inch alloy wheels. It is equipped with side decals and mud flaps with the RALLIART logo, and features black over fenders and a rear spoiler that add an essence of RALLIART’s tough driving on top of Mirage’s sharp and dynamic styling. Inside, red-trimmed seats and floor mats with the RALLIART logo are specially equipped.
Mitsubishi Triton RALLIART Double-Cab prices at THB 714,000 while Mitsubishi Mirage RALLIART prices at THB 537,000.
In addition to the race-winning models and to demonstrate that the champion is back, Mitsubishi Motors also announced Team Mitsubishi RALLIART backed by Mitsubishi Motors’ technical support and led by Mr. Hiroshi Masuoka as Team Director, one of the greatest Japanese rally driver who won the Dakar Rally two times in a row, in 2002 and 2003, will compete in the Asia Cross Country Rally (AXCR) 2022, scheduled to be held from August 6 to 12, with Mitsubishi Motors’ global strategic model. Triton 1-ton pickup truck, Mitsubishi Triton Rally Car, the concept of Mitsubishi Triton Rally Car embodies Mitsubishi Motors-ness and its philosophy of robustness, toughness and powerful. It features iconic colors and decals consisting of red, silver and black. To demonstrate the driving performance and speed and also the successes of RALLIART at the Dakar Rally and World Rally Championship. It also represents Mitsubishi Motors’ ambitions for heightened presence in the future.
Apart from RALLIART models and Mitsubishi Triton Rally Car, RALLIART’s fans, drivers and customers can also enjoy a collection of exclusive RALLIART merchandize at Mitsubishi Motors’ booth.
Additionally, each Mitsubishi Motors Thailand’s model is also the recipient of the recent Car of the Year 2022 awards as following.
1) MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER PHEV – The Best Technology PHEV
2) MITSUBISHI PAJERO SPORT – The Most Valuable PPV
3) MITSUBISHI TRITON – The Best High-lift Pickup under 2,500 cc.
4) MITSUBISHI TRITON – The Most Valuable 4WD Pickup
5) MITSUBISHI XPANDER – The Best MPV under 1,600 cc.
6) MITSUBISHI ATTRAGE – The Most Valuable Eco Sedan
7) MITSUBISHI MIRAGE – The Best Fuel Economy Eco Car
All Mitsubishi models are covered by the 'Rao Doo Lae, Khun Khae Kab’ (We take care, you just drive) aftersales initiative that promises drivers access to Genuine Service, Genuine Parts, Genuine Technician, Genuine Performance and Genuine Network and Accessibility. Offered by more than 230 dealerships nationwide, the initiative will keep all Mitsubishi models in excellent condition at all times with affordable costs of ownership.
Visitors are welcome to Mitsubishi Motors Thailand's booth A11 at the 43rd Bangkok International Motor Show 2022 at Challenger Hall 1–3, Muang Thong Thani. For more details and test drives please visit www.mitsubishi-motors.co.th or contact Mitsubishi Call Center at 02-079-9500, available 24 hours daily.
About Mitsubishi Motors Thailand (MMTh)
Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand) Co., Ltd., the largest plant in the MMC group and an export hub to more than 120 countries, is one of Thailand’s leading automotive manufacturers committed to produce and sell a range of vehicles that are eco-friendly, high in quality, performance, safety, comfort, technology and customer satisfaction. In 2018 MMTh celebrated a total production of five million units, and officially opened Education Academy in Pathum Thani. MMTh’s current range of vehicles includes MITSUBISHI TRITON, MITSUBISHI PAJERO SPORT, MITSUBISHI ATTRAGE, MITSUBISHI MIRAGE, MITSUBISHI XPANDER, MITSUBISHI XPANDER CROSS and MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER PHEV. To ensure the highest quality, MMTh uses its proving ground in Si Racha, Chonburi to assess products from design and prototype stages to pre-production and commercialization. This ensures customers take delivery of vehicles that are second-to-none in all aspects of quality.
- Please contact Mitsubishi dealers nationwide for more information and test driving, or contact Mitsubishi Call Center Tel. 02-079-9500 24 hours daily.
- Stay updated with Mitsubishi Motors Thailand;