Witness the Amazing Sea of Mist at Phu Tub Berk in Petchaboon with All New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport
From the South, follow Amazing Road Trips with All New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport to the stunning mountaintops of the Central region in Petchaboon Province, land of the sea of mist and lush forests that is the perfect destination for the rainy season. Let’s head on out to Phu Tub Berk to view its breathtaking sea of mist.
Get to Know Our Destination
Phu Tub Berk is Petchaboon’s highest mountaintop at 1,768 meters above sea level and enjoys cool temperatures all year round. The area is inhabited by the Hmong hill tribe people, who would grow cabbage throughout the mountain. Be treated to a view of clouds and mist interspaced with mountaintops while the nighttime view is that of lights from Lomsak District, in line with the slogan “sleep at Tub Berk, enjoy the cold, watch the stars on the ground.”
While in the area, let us introduce you to two new travel destinations that have been unveiled just a few years ago and is still not widely known. The first destination is Phu Paeng Ma, which is the highest point of the Phu Hin Rong Kla National Park that the military has just recently opened up to the public. At 1,775 meters above sea level, the area is perfect to view the sunrise and sunset, as well as the winding road leading up the mountain. Another not-to- be-missed destination is Phu Fah Pieng Din, 3 kilometers away from Phu Tub Berk and another spot to view the beauty of the sea of mist, the sunset, and the night lights from the city.
Fun in the Sun
- A visit to Phu Tub Berk wouldn’t be complete without camping out in the wilderness amidst the cool temperature, canopy of both stars in the sky and on the ground, and the sunrise. Phu Tub Berk has a wide open area to pitch your tents and toilets and restaurants to accommodate everyone. Those who find tents too challenging can elect to sleep indoors in the myriad of resorts around the area.
- Both amateur and professional photographers must not miss capturing the view of the sea of mist, clouds, sunrise and sunset, stars in the sky and on land, winding roads, and blooming flowers. Don’t forget to bring all the equipment you will need.
- What you’ll need to bring with you is warm clothing for the cool temperature and winds because the temperature can drop drastically at night.
- The beauty of Phu Tub Berk varies all year. At the end of the rainy season, fields and fields of cabbage will dot the mountainside while December to January will see Sakura blooms throughout the mountain. Phu Fah Pieng Din will see fields of straw flowers bloom in April.
- In driving up Phu Tub Berk, make sure you check your vehicle’s readiness. If you are driving a 4- wheel drive SUV like the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, you’re all good to go.
How to Get There
To travel to Petchaboon, use Phaholyothin Road from Bangkok heading for Saraburi. Once you pass Saraburi, turn right onto Highway no. 21 (Saraburi-Lomsak) and drive for 240 kilometers before you reach a left turn to Khao Koh District. Turn left and use Highway 2258. Once you reach the Phitsanulok-Lomsak intersection, turn left heading to Lomsak and use Highway 12 until you see the sign for Phu Tub Berk. Turn left onto Highway 2372 and drive for 13 kilometers. You’ll come across a left turn for Phu Tub Berk. From there it’s a 20-kilometer drive uphill. To get to Phu Fah Pieng Din, come down the way you went up. At the Phu Hin Rong Kla intersection, drive for another kilometer and you will see a small sign on the right for Phu Fah Pieng Din. Continue driving and turn left on the next intersection.
Safe Driving Tips
For more information, please contact:
Phitsanulok Tourism Authority of Thailand Office
Areas of Jurisdiction: Petchaboon, Phitsanulok
209/7-8 Surasi Shopping Mall Boromtrailokanart Road Muang District
Phitsanulok Province 65000
Tel: 0 5525 2742-3, 0 5525 9907
Fax: 0 5523 1063