Mitsubishi New Pajero Sport’s 1st Journey to Samut Songkhram — The City Where Water and Time Never Sleep
The First “One Day trip with Mitsubishi New Pajero Sport ” — your journey to shopping and dining sprees as well as numerous new experiences in Samut Songkhram.
The Elucidation of “The City Where Water and Time Never Sleep” — Samut Songkhram
People always refer to Samut Songkhram as the province where water and time never sleep because … Samut Songkhram residents’ way of life has long been going on around canals and the river running through this province, where boats have been the major means of transportation from dawn to noon and until dusk. Hence, there came the elucidation of “The City Where Water and Time Never Sleep.” Despite being Thailand’s smallest central province, Samut Songkhram is full of exhilarating and fantastic destinations for all of us to enjoy. And here are some interesting sites selected for the “One Day trip with Mitsubishi New Pajero Sport .”
Once in Samut Songkhram, we can miss anywhere but Don Hoy Lhod. But before we get there, we will make a quick stop to pay respect to the statue of H.R.H Admiral Prince Abhakara Kiatiwongse, Krom Luang Chumphon Khet Udomsak (Sadej Tia or Royal Father). Then, we’ll move on to Don Hoy Lhod — a pristine and unique sandbar at the mouth of Mae Klong River, which houses Thailand’s largest habitat of razor clams or Hoy Lhod. The fun part of this trip is the hands-on experience to catch razor clams by poking a wooden stick dipped with calcium oxide into any hole where bubbles are visible. Once touched by calcium oxide, razor clams will naturally emerge. The trick is to catch and put it immediately into a can before it drops back and deeper into the hole. With the Mitsubishi New Pajero Sport , you can drive your family or friends to enjoy this activity for even more fun
From here, we will travel to Wat Bang Kung or Bot Prok Pho, where the statue of Luang Pho Nil Manee is placed. Impressively beautiful mural by artists from the Ayutthaya period can be found inside the ordination hall, while its exterior has been covered with lush ficus of sacred fig or bodhi, banyan and Bengal fig. This natural setting has, for centuries, helped support the structure of the hall, which now stands as one of the wonders of Samut Songkhram. Here is where we will join a CSR activity to donate instructional media to children with special needs and supplies of necessities and consumer goods, such as snacks, milk and diapers to Samut Songkhram Special Education Center.
The last stop on the First “One Day trip with Mitsubishi New Pajero Sport ” is the Amphawa Chaipattana Nurak project, which locates near Amphawa Floating Market. This is a royal project, where the long history and the way of life of the people of Amphawa are portrayed through the polyculture agricultural demonstration farm and various local exhibitions as well as local products. Participants of this trip will also get to take part in numerous interesting activities, as illustrated in the following photos from available workshops.
And this is our first trip inspired by the “Off-Road Spirit” concept, which kicks off the One Day trip with Mitsubishi New Pajero Sport series. Stay with us to see where we will take you on the next journeys for new experiences.
Interesting and fun activities during the trip
- Offering a prayer to the statue of Krom Luang Chumphon Khet Udomsak (Sadej Tia).
- Hopping on boats to catch razor clams before joining Chef Ping and our special guest — actor and TV host — Ray MacDonald in a cooking session.
- A workshop to learn the secret behind Don Hoy Lhod’s famous dish “Kaeng Kua Hoy Lhod with deep-fried sea-blites”
- A special CSR activity to donate instructional media to Samut Songkhram Special Education Center.
- Paying respect to Samut Songkhram’s sacred site — Wat Ton Mai or “Luang Pho Nil Manee or Bot Prok Pho” at Wat Bang Kung.
- - A Thai dessert cooking class that presents the original way to make palm sugar and the mixing of the “Nam Muang Chuen Chanchala” drink (Royal Recipe) by the Amphawa Chaipattana Nurak or the Chaipattana Foundation.
- Joining a class to learn how to weave coconut fronds into a fish or a hat for souvenirs of your own.
- Strolling through Amphawa Floating Market while shopping for local products while enjoying local delicacies.
Top close-by tourist attractions
- Rom Hub (folding umbrella) Market : A unique and famous fresh market where a railway track runs through and all stalls along it have to fold their umbrellas away every time a train is coming.
- Naklua : The salt farm, which is one with the closest distance Bangkok, allows you to see for yourself how salt is made.
- Bang Tabun : Another ideal spot to enjoy sunrise near the Gulf of Thailand, which is only 3 kilometers from Samut Songkhram.
- Ban Khao Yisan’s mangrove charcoal producing community : Rare traditional charcoal kilns can be found here, where locals grow mangroves to produce charcoal.
- The Nativity of Our Lady Cathedral, Bang Nok Khwaek : A centuries-old church near Mae Klong River, with stunning French-Gothic architectural style that has been highlighted with stained glass interiors, statues, candelabra and carvings.
From Bangkok, follow National Highway 35 : Thonburi-Pak Tho (Rama II) past the Mahachai-Naklua Intersection until you arrive at about Km. 63. Then, take the overpass to enter Samut Songkhram or follow the Chalerm Mahanakhorn Expressway.
Joyful driving experience
Experience Mitsubishi New Pajero Sport’s motor racing technology today at Mitsubishi showrooms nationwide
For more travel information, please visit:
TAT Samut Songkhram Office
2/1, 2nd Floor, Amphawa Municipality City Hall,
Amphawa, Samut Songkhram 75110
Tel. 0 3475 2847-8
Fax. 0 3475 2846