Start your journey with Eco car that you won’t be able to resist
Who’s to say Eco car can’t take you on a faraway adventure? Here’s the start of a thrilling trip to experience the lifestyle of the Tai Dam people!
Get to Know Your Destination
“Ban Na Pa Nat” is also known as the Tai Dam Village and is the only village in Loei Province where the Tai Dam people reside. These people relocated from Puan state in Laos but managed to keep most of their ancient culture and lifestyle intact, including various talismans, brooches, as well as the most spectacular “sae pang” ceremony where villagers gather to pay respect to the village shaman and to ancestors’ spirits who are believed to keep watch over the village to ensure peace and good health for all villagers. Be wowed by the Tai Dam way of life that has been passed down from generation to generation, be it their costumes, houses, appliances, cuisine, and spoken and written language that are totally unique to them.
Despite the tiny size of the Ban Na Pa Nat Tai Dam Village, the villagers’ hearts are huge and they embrace visitors with sincere, warm, and welcoming smiles. Travel no further and stop to smell the roses here and you’ll find happiness in your hearts with their simple way of life.
If you wish to follow in the footsteps of the Mitsubishi Mirage’s trip, check the route and travel information below
Interested in Mitsubishi Mirage?Download our brochure here.
Find your inspiration.Test drive Mitsubishi Mirage here.
Fun in the Sun
- Try on the Tai Dam traditional costumes. Women wear black or indigo sarongs with small white vertical stripes that is called the “taengmo” or watermelon pattern. Men would wear black shirts with 11 silver buttons in the “pak boong” or morning glory vegetable shape and long pants, similar to Chinese-style pants, as well as a black cotton turban on their heads.
- Join in the ceremony to pay respect to spirits guarding the village by giving offerings of cloth or wooden talismans called “toom nok toom noo.” This is believed to bring peace to the village and fend off any evils or illnesses.
- Sample the local Tai Dam cuisine, particularly the vegetable soup or “joob pak.” Learn the Tai Dam spoken and written language and immerse yourself in their simple way of life.
- Purchase memorabilia to reminisce about the good times with the Tai Dam people such as the Tai Dam heart brooch and the handwoven local cloth.
- Take pictures with the Tai Dam people and their warm and inviting smiles.
Safe Driving with Mitsubishi Mirage
Start Your Journey with Mitsubishi Mirage
Tai Dam Village, Ban Na Pa Nat, Loei ProvinceGet your directions here
For more information, contact:
Loei Tourism Authority of Thailand Office
Areas of Jurisdiction: Loei, Nongbua Lampu
Loei District Office (Old Building) Charoenrat Road, Muang District, Loei Province 42000
Tel: 0 4281 2812
Fax: 0 4281 1480