Start Your All New Pajero sport Adventure with Travels to Rayong and Chon Buri
You may have been to Rayong and Chon Buri plenty of times but if you’re going with the Amazing Road Trips with All New Pajero sport, we assure you that you’ll get to go where you’ve never been before. So sit back in the comfort of your All New Pajero sport as we head out to Rayong and Chon Buri provinces.
Get to Know Our Destination
Before we arrive in Rayong, we’re going to make a few stops in Chon Buri. First is the Bang Phra Reservoir, located in Sriracha District. The reservoir is surrounded by abundant forests where you can view the beauty of Lythraceae blossoms. Our next stop is Khao Chi Chan with a 109-meter tall Buddha image lasered into the mountain on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of His Majesty the King’s ascension to the throne. This area was developed on edict of the late Supreme Patriarch who was worried about the hill being excavated for its rocks and stones.
Another spot not to be missed is in Sattahip District and that is the HTMS Chakri Naruebet, Thailand’s first and only aircraft carrier that is also the Thai Navy’s largest warship. The ship was constructed by Spanish shipbuilder Bazán and arrived in Thailand on August 9, 1997. During normal times, the ship is used to protect Thailand’s maritime resources and run natural disaster relief. During times of war, this would become the Thai Navy’s flagship to direct its fleet.
Our destination is Saengchan Beach in Muang District of Rayong, which is a tranquil beach that is just right for relaxation. With its huge waves, the beach is protected from erosion by a t-shaped rock dam, resulting in a beach that is shaped like a horseshoe.
Fun in the Sun
- If you are a jogger or a cyclist, don’t miss getting your adrenaline rush at the Bang Phra reservoir and Saengchan Beach while soaking in the beautiful scenery.
- At night, Saengchan Beach features plenty of restaurants with seafood, shabu, grilled fish, or even northeastern food. You can bring your own mat and order food from the restaurants or sit in the restaurants and enjoy the cool breeze.
- The HTMS Chakri Naruebet is opened for viewings every day from 9 AM to 4 PM free or charge. If you or any of your friends are a foreign national, you’ll need to send in a request for permission to view the ship.
- In visiting Khao Chi Chan, bear in mind it is a Buddhist place of worship so please wear proper attire, abide by directions, and avoid using loud noises. The place is opened from 6 AM to 6 PM and entrance is free. Do make sure you do not get too close to the Buddha image because you could be in danger of falling rocks.
- Saengchan Beach has 3-4 accommodations to choose from so do book in advance because it may be full.
- Saengchan Beach neighbors Laemcharoen, a docking area of fishing trawlers. Make seafood purchases to your heart’s content whether it be crab, squid, oysters, fish, or prawns because prices are very attractive.
How to Get There
To reach Bang Phra Reservoir, take the Srinakarin Motorway (Highway 7) in the direction of Pattaya. Once you see the sign for the Khao Kiew Open Zoo, turn left onto Highway 4036 and you’ll see a sign for the Bang Phra Golf Club. Stay right and do a u-turn before heading up the bridge to cross the motorway to go on Highway 3144. Once you exit the bridge, you’ll see a three-way junction. Turn right here and once you pass the entrance to the Bang Phra Golf Club, turn left and you will reach the entrance to the reservoir in 600 meters. Khao Chi Chan is located on Sukhumvit Road, a little further from Ambassador City Jomtien Hotel and Ocean Marina Hotel. Once you see the entrance sign, turn left and precede another 6 kilometers and you’ll arrive at your destination.
The HTMS Chakri Naruebet is docked at the Sattahip Naval Base. To get there from Sattahip, use Sukhumvit Road and drive for 6 kilometers. You’ll reach a three-way junction and signs directing you to the base. Turn right onto Highway 3126 for another 2 kilometers and there will be another three-way junction. Turn right and proceed a further 5 kilometers and you’ll arrive at your destination. To go to Saengchan Beach, use Sukhumvit Road (Nakorn Rayong 2). Go straight until you reach the Nang Yak three-way junction. Turn right and you’ll see Saengchan Beach.
Safe Driving Tips
For more information, please contact:
Rayong Tourism Authority of Thailand Office
Areas of jurisdiction: Chantaburi, Rayong
153/4 Sukhumvit Road Tambon Tapong Muang District Rayong 21000
Tel: 0 3865 5420-1, 0 3866 4585
Fax: 0 3865 5422
Pattaya Tourism Authority of Thailand Office
Areas of jurisdiction: Chon Buri
609 Moo 10 Phra Tamnak Road Tambon Nongprue Banglamung District Chonburi 20260
Tel: 0 3842 7667, 0 3842 8750, 0 3842 3990
Fax: 0 3842 9113