The New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport: “DNA of Victory” joins hands with TAT in organizing the 3rd trip to a town of irresistibly-palatable dishes — Rayong.
The 3rd One Day trip with The New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport will take you to another dream land on Thailand’s eastern seaboard, where you may have never realized how many delightful destinations Rayong has to offer.
Rayong … New Perspective Beyond the Sea
To many, Rayong may be the province of beautiful beaches and clear water. But that’s not all. This eastern province has more than those to offer and to allow you new experiences from a new perspective.
Once in Rayong, we will drive you in The New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport uphill, to “Strawberry Town” — an imitation of a village in The Netherlands, where shops, accommodations and all surroundings have been designed in the European style. Situated in the middle of hills and next to streams, a river and a lake, this is nothing short of a paradise for photography aficionados. Moreover, visitors will get to take a deep breath and enjoy clean and fresh air provided by vast and lush green forest and small running streams. And for those with interest in adventurous activities, many choices have been made available on this 550-rai land. These can simply assure that you will never come home without loads of breath-taking photographs to share with friends and family.
Later in the afternoon, we invite you to a cooking workshop, which will take place at Strawberry Town and showcase one of the famous ingredients of Rayong — “Pak Krachap” or rough cocklebur, which resembles young sunflower plants. Chef Ping and our special guest — actor and TV host — Ray MacDonald, will show you their innovative creation for this ingredient, with an addition of crispy catfish that will render a irresistibly inviting dish.
After a delicious meal, we will take you to Wat Pa Pradu, a centuries-old temple which houses a large and magnificent, yet unconventional, left-sided reclining Buddha statue. At this temple, it is believed that those who go under the chapel will have their bad luck dispelled. Before the end of this trip, we will also join a CSR activity at the Camillian Social Center Rayong in Tambon Huai Pong of Muang Disrict, where we will make donations of necessities and supplies to orphans and children living with HIV/AIDS.
This is the final of a series of trips inspired by the off-road spirit, which is hoped to help convince you that a holiday does not necessarily mean a long distance of driving and that there are still plenty of enjoyable destinations in Thailand near you.
Interesting activities during the trip
- Checking out beautiful views while taking photos of Strawberry Town as well as enjoying several adventurous activities there.
- Tasting fresh and chilled strawberry juice — the highlight drink of Strawberry Town.
- Cooking workshop that showcases a dish, made with a famous ingredient of Rayong, “Pak Krachap and Crispy Catfish.”
- Offering a prayer to the left-sided reclining Buddha statue at Wat Pa Pradu before going under the chapel to have your bad luck warded off and bring blessings to life.
- Joining a CSR activity to donate necessities to children with HIV/AIDS at the Camillian Social Center Rayong
Top close-by tourist attractions
- Khlong Yai Reservoir : A destination to enjoy such fun activities as fishing, and a beautiful sunset.
- Tung Prong Thong or Mangrove Field by Krasae River : A vast field of tens of thousands of lush, green mangroves.
- Rak Sa Mae Bridge : A wooden suspension bridge that runs through the Khlong Ta Taboey mangrove forest in Ban Noen Kho of Klaeng District, where you can enjoy a quiet walk through nature.
- Yom Chinda Road : In the old party of Rayong, old houses have been preserved and lying along this road, where the Rayong Museum is also situated and welcomes visitors to learn more about the history of the province through old but alluring photos and personal effects.
- Hat Mae Ramphueng or Mae Ramphueng Beach : One of the famous beaches of Rayong, where white sand and breezy air make a three-hour drive from Bangkok worthwhile.
From Bangkok, drive on Highway Route 34 (Bangna - Bang Pakong) before switching to Highway Route 3 (Sukhumvit) to Chon Buri Province and through Bang Saen in Sriracha District. In Bang Lamung District, turn left at Km. 140 to Highway Route 36 for another 70 kilometers to arrive at Muang District of Rayong Province. The entire distance is about 210 kilometers.
Joyful driving experience
Experience The New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport’s motor racing technology today at Mitsubishi showrooms nationwideclick
For more travel information, please visit:
Tourism Authority of Thailand, Rayong Office
Area of Responsibility: Rayong, Chanthaburi
Address: 153/4, Moo 12, Sukhumvit Road Tambon Taphong, Amphoe Mueang, Rayong 21000
Websites: http://www.tat-rayong.com , http://www.tat-chanthaburi.com